This section offers a wide range of products for heavier users. Welcome Mobility's bariatric department features products designed to help those carrying excess weight. These items are often reinforced or have larger dimensions than the typical versions.
This section offers a wide range of products for heavier users. Welcome Mobility's bariatric department features products designed to help those carrying excess weight. These items are often reinforced or have larger dimensions
- Welcome Mobility provides a vast range of bariatric equipment such as bariatric mobility scooter devices and bariatric rollator options in the UK. These bariatric aids are specially designed to support and assist heavier users. These items are often reinforced or have larger dimensions to perfectly suit larger bodies. Many of these mobility aids can support heavier weights than their standard counterparts. Welcome Mobility strives to provide affordable and accessible mobility equipment to people which is why this section of mobility aids carries a wide variety of different styles, colours, functions and weight capacities to cater to your every medical and personal need.
- This section offers a large range of bariatric shower chair, bariatric commode with wheels and bariatric bath devices. These bariatric aids have been designed specifically to suit the bodies and weights of larger users. These items are often reinforced or have been designed with larger dimensions to ensure those carrying excess weight are able to comfortably have a relaxing bathing and showering experience. Available in a range of colours, heights, designs and weight capacities, this section is guaranteed to have a bariatric bathroom aid that perfectly suits your individual personal and medical requirements.
- Here you will be directed to a number of bariatric chair options, bariatric beds and bariatric mattresses. These bedroom devices are specially designed to withhold larger weights and are often reinforced or built with larger dimensions to specially cater to those carrying extra weight. These bedroom aids provide a comfortable and accessible living to those who have larger or heavier bodies to ensure they can be relaxed while resting or sleeping. Available in a vast array of different colours, designs, sizes and weight capacities, these bariatric aids are an essential piece of equipment in the home or for someone who is of a larger size.
- In this department, you will find a range of bariatric moving and handling equipment as well as a selection of emergency lifting chair and emergency lifting cushion options. These devices assist those who carry excess weight and are often reinforced or available in larger dimensions to ensure full accessibility to all. These bariatric aids take the strain off both the user and their carer to ensure they can be comfortably transferred from one place to another in a stress-free and calm manner. Available in a wide variety of designs, functions and weight capacities, this section is guaranteed to have a bariatric moving aid to suit your personal and medical preferences.
- Welcome Mobility provides an extensive selection of bariatric toilet seat and bariatric commode aids. These devices assist those who carry extra weight or have larger bodies in toileting comfortably. Many of these devices are reinforced or are manufactured with larger dimensions to ensure there is a secure and comfortable fit for heavier patients. Available in a range of designs, shapes and weight capacities, this bariatric aids section is sure to have the bariatric toileting aid that caters to your personal and medical requirements. Suitable for use both in a domestic home and in a professional care establishment such as a hospital or care home.
Equipment to help people who are very overweight and who might have difficulty using standard living aids.
In the main, this means it will have greater weight-bearing capacity.
While most standard rollators and other mobility aids wheeled have user weight capacities of less than 20 stone, there are some designed for bariatric individuals.
The heavy duty wheeled walker, for example, has a maximum user weight of 27 stone (170kg).
Yes, there are special crutches designed for heavier individuals.
The heavy duty crutches at Welcome Mobility are suitable for people weighing up to 30 stone (190kg).
These crutches are made from reinforced materials so bear greater weight than standard pairs of aluminium crutches.
There are oversized seats which fit standard toilets, making them ideal for very large individuals.
They have a wide design and a large aperture.
There are cushions specifically for heavy individuals for use either with wheelchairs or regular seating.
They use high density foam to give extra support and cushioning.
Some deploy three layers of different kinds of foam, often using memory foam as part of the combination.
This moulds to the user’s body contours, improving support and comfort.
The three-layers are designed to effectively distribute pressure which may result from sitting down for long periods of time.
Typically cushions like this have a user weight limit of around 40 stone (254kg).
Simple aids like bath steps may be important aids for very obese people.
These provide a low, stable platform which the user can step on to climb into or out of the bath.
Some bath steps have a modular design, which means they can be stacked to the desired height.
They are effective bariatric aids, essentially making it easier to get in and out of the bath.
This sort of equipment is often used alongside wall mounted grab rails.
Some severely overweight people may need to sit down for the duration of their shower.
While standard seating may have a much lower weight limit, there are some which are suitable for people weighing up to 40 stone.
While lighter models are made from aluminium, this heavy duty shower seating is typically made from steel.
Their dimensions are designed to accommodate larger individuals, as is the aperture of the seat.
Extra large shower-commode chairs can be used as a bathroom wheelchair or a mobile commode.
These bariatric bathroom and toileting aids are made from reinforced plastic and steel, making them suitable for people weighing up to 30 stone.