This section has a range of bathing accessories. Welcome Mobility provides a number of cost-effective accessories and bath boards in the UK. A bath board offers a stable and secure platform within
- Vat ExemptA support handle for the ETAC Bath Board.
- Vat ExemptAn adjustable shower board.
- Vat ExemptA non-slip slatted bath board.
- Vat ExemptA plastic bath board that helps with transferring safely into a bath.
- Vat ExemptA safe and secure wide bath board with slots for rapid drainage.
- Vat ExemptAn easy-transfer heavy-duty bath board.
- Vat ExemptWidth adjustable bathing board designed to fit a wide range of bath shapes.
- Vat ExemptA lightweight seat that can be used in both baths and showers.
- Vat ExemptA soft grab handle that can be used alongside bath seats, helping enable easier and more safe transfers.
- Vat Exempt
A quick and easy solution for supported bathing without the need for DIY.
- Vat ExemptWaterproof bath seat to aid in showering and bathing.
- Vat ExemptA large PVC bathboard that makes bathing and transferring in and out of the bath easier and safer.
- Vat ExemptA slatted PVC board that can be used as a secure place to sit during bathing.
- Vat ExemptA sturdy, moulded plastic bath board that provides a stable place to sit during bathing.
- Savanah Slatted Bath Seat
- Vat ExemptThis bath board is extra wide for enhanced comfort and security.
- Vat ExemptA large and supportive shower board that features slim drainage slats and a comfortable surface.
- Vat ExemptA slatted bath board that can be fitted to most bath types, providing comfort and safety while bathing.
- Vat ExemptA handy bath board that makes sitting in the shower safe and easy, and makes getting in and out simpler.
- Vat ExemptA wide slatted shower board made from reinforced PVC for excellent durability.
- Vat ExemptA tough PVC bath-board with drainage slats, compatible with most types and sizes of bath.
A bath board is a rigid platform which bridges the width of a bath.
It uses the two bath’s sides as anchor points and allows the user to sit midway along the bath’s length, over the water.
Those with balance or strength issues may find getting in and out of the bath a difficult process - a bath board may help.
The board fits securely to the bath’s sides, creating a ‘bridge’ across it.
The user sits on the board before lifting their legs over the bath side as they swivel round on their bottom.
Most bath boards fit with clamps which sit under the board itself.
The clamps press outwards against the inside of the bath’s walls, creating a locking mechanism and holding the board in place.
It is important to check the clamps periodically in case they loosen over time.
Yes, some boards are available in different lengths, so measure with care and make sure you choose the correct one for your bath.
Bath boards do need at least an inch of flat surface on each side of the bath in order for the edges to rest safely and for the clamps to be effective.
This means that if the wall-side of the bath’s side is flush to the wall, it will be difficult to fit a bath board.
Bath boards are designed with drainage holes and non-slip sitting surfaces, reducing the chances of slipping, even when wet.
Bath boards are often used alongside other bathroom aids like wall-fitted support rails.
Typically, bath boards only work with conventional rectangular baths, so are not suitable for corner baths.
Yes, bath boards are suitable if you have a shower head positioned over your bath, rather than in a walk-in cubicle.
This makes bath boards a useful bathroom mobility aid for those who may have difficulty standing for the duration of a shower.
Only some models have this feature, so look out for it before making your choice.
A bath board with an integral handle at one end is ideal for people wanting a little extra support.
The handle protrudes upwards at one end of the board, putting it in easy reach of the user’s grasp.
Bath boards perform a fairly unique function if you want to sit high above the bath’s water.
However, if you want a lower sitting position, you might try a bath seat.
These fix to the floor of the bath and provide a raised sitting position for the user, reducing the distance of travel when getting in or out.