This department displays a collection of bath step stool aids and bath step with handrail additions. These help users with limited mobility to climb in and out of the bath with reduced fall
Items 1-30 of 36
- Vat ExemptThe extra large step is the perfect aid for those with poor leg mobility.
- Vat ExemptAn extender for the Giant Half Step.
- Vat ExemptA half step doorplate kit.
- Vat ExemptA threshold half step.
- Vat ExemptA threshold half step.
- Vat ExemptA Prima Bath Step additional riser.
- Vat ExemptA safety-enhancing adjustable bath step.
- Vat ExemptA safety-enhancing gripped half step.
- Vat ExemptA non-slip bathroom stool with a stability rail.
- A durable, water-resistant raised step.
- Vat ExemptA support rail for the Bigfoot Half Step.
- Vat ExemptThis modular step makes getting in and out of a bath easier.
- Vat ExemptThis simple plastic step can be used to help with bath transfers.
- Vat ExemptA handy footstool with a chrome-plated steel frame and a handrail for extra support.
- Vat ExemptA modular bath step that has four layers that can be removed to adjust the height.
- Designed to make getting in and out of the bath easier.
- Vat ExemptA bath step that makes getting in and out of the bath safer and easier.
- Vat ExemptA chrome-plated steel stool with a sturdy vertical hand rail.
- Vat ExemptA non-slip step stool with versatile uses.
- Vat ExemptAnon-slip cork step stool.
- Vat ExemptModular bathing step with adjustable height.
- Vat ExemptCurved bath step that makes transferring into and out of baths easier.
- Vat ExemptBathing stool with an extended handrail.
- Vat ExemptA strong and durable step stool for the bathroom to aid those who have difficulty getting in and out of the bath.
- Vat ExemptA handy step that makes getting in and out of the bath safer and simpler.
- Vat ExemptA versatile bath step which consists of three conjoining sections, allowing the ideal arrangement for every individual.
- Vat ExemptA height-adjustable step stool for the bathroom.
- Vat ExemptA brightly coloured bath step that makes bathing safer and easier.
- Vat ExemptA sturdy metal-framed step with a handrail that can assist in balance and support.
- Vat ExemptA large plastic step that halves the height of any step, improving access and rest time.
A bath step is a simple, stable platform which sits on the floor next to the bath, providing a practical mobility aid for the bathroom.
If you find it difficult getting in or out of the bath, you may find a step a useful piece of day-to-day equipment.
People with reduced strength, flexibility or impaired mobility often use one.
They provide an effective way of reducing the height of the bath side, making it easier to get in and out.
Various heights are available, from low one-inch models, to modular versions which can climb as high as five inches.
Modular bath steps are available which enable the user to set the height by adding or reducing the platform’s layers.
Bath steps with aluminium legs sometimes adjust in height via pin-clips on each of the legs.
Above all bath steps are designed to be safe and have maximum stability.
They have non-slip feet, so are suitable for hard bathroom floors.
The surface which contacts the sole of the feet also has a non-slip surface.
Most bath steps are made of plastic. Some have non-corrosive aluminium legs.
Wooden bath steps are also available, sometimes with cork inlays.
They can be used for the entrance to a shower, if the shower tray has a deep base.
They can also be used in the kitchen at work-surfaces, or to reduce the height of a step around the home.
Some people even use them next to divan beds, if the bed is particularly high.
For extra security and to help with balance as you use the step, some models come with a handrail built in.
The rail is fixed to the step itself and extends upwards, providing a point of support at about waist height.
Using a bath step often goes hand in hand with other equipment.
A grab rail fitted on the wall or to the bath itself helps the person balance as they climb in or out of the bath.
While a bath step effectively raises the height of the bathroom floor just where it’s needed, the same can be said of a bath seat, but this time inside the bath itself.
Using a bath seat increases the height of the floor of the bath, reducing the user’s distance of travel.
This makes it easier to stand up from a sitting position when it comes to getting out.
Bath seats have strong suction cups on the base, reducing the chance of slipping.
Using a bath step in combination with other bathroom mobility aids can significantly help someone looking to maintain an independent way of life.