Shower Chairs, Seats & Stools
Providing a large range of shower seats in the UK, Welcome Mobility is guaranteed to have the specific aid for your induvial need. This section provides a number of various chairs for use
Items 1-30 of 130
- Vat ExemptA stool with an anodised aluminum frame that can be used in the shower.
- Vat ExemptA shower chair with anti-slip ferrules on the legs.
- Vat ExemptA shower seat that has a comfortable plastic seat and a folding frame.
- Vat ExemptThis shower stool is perfect for people who may struggle sitting at the bottom of normal bathtubs.
- Vat ExemptThis perching stool is useful for various activities around the house.
- Vat ExemptA simple and useful stool that can be used in the shower to make bathing safer and easier.
- Vat ExemptA height-adjustable bathroom stool made from plastic and aluminium.
- Vat ExemptA triangular shower stool that will fit perfectly into the corner of a shower.
- Vat ExemptA sturdy perching stool with a steel frame and padded seat that can be used throughout the house.
- Vat ExemptA shower stool with a curved seat that allows for comfortable seated washing.
- Vat ExemptA large anti-slip bath stool, for those who struggle to move themselves in and out of the bath.
- Vat ExemptA revolving bath seat with locks onto four sides of the bath for security.
- Vat ExemptA wall-mounted shower stool with height-adjustable legs.
- Vat ExemptA sturdy, fold-down seat that can be fixed to the wall in a shower or bath.
- Vat ExemptThis simple stool provides a safe place to sit during bathing.
- Vat ExemptAluminium and plastic shower stool enabling the user to sit down when showering.
- Vat ExemptA sturdy stainless steel stool that can be used in a shower or bath.
- Vat ExemptA versatile perching stool that is ideal for use in the kitchen, bathroom or shower.
- Vat ExemptA lightweight perching stool with armrests, giving safe support in the kitchen, bathroom and shower.
- Vat ExemptA high quality, portable perching stool with arm rests and a backrest, ideal for use in the kitchen or shower.
- Vat ExemptA lightweight and portable perching stool which can be used in any room, complete with padded armrests and a backrest.
- Vat ExemptA heavy-duty handled shower chair.
- Vat ExemptA shower chair that has a triangular design that makes it ideal for positioning in the corner of a shower.
- Vat ExemptA sturdy bath bench that can be used by heavier and larger users.
- Designed to fill the gap between a standard perching stool and bariatric shower stool, yet will still fit into most showers.
- Vat ExemptA shower chair that provides the user with a safe and comfortable place to sit whilst bathing.
- Vat ExemptA versatile plastic chair that can function as a seat, commode and shower chair.
- A portable perching stool with a soft padded seat and backrests, ideal for use in your kitchen or shower.
- Vat ExemptA heavy duty shower stool with a padded PU seat and comfortable backrest.
- Vat ExemptA sturdy shower chair that can be bolted to the wall and folded up when not in use.
Shower chairs and other bathroom seating options.
They can be used to sit at the sink, in the shower cubicle itself or elsewhere in the bathroom.
Shower stool - these are lightweight options with three or four legs.
Shower stools are usually made of aluminium and most have a small round seat.
Shower chair - these are more substantial than shower stools and usually have larger dimensions.
Many shower chairs have backrests and armrests, while some are even padded.
They offer more support than lightweight bathroom seating options, for those who need it.
Shower seat - this term usually refers to the fold-up seats which fit to the wall of a shower cubicle.
They are a permanent installation but the ‘flip-up’ functionality saves space in the cubicle: useful if it is regularly used by more than one person.
Folding shower chairs - these bathroom chairs collapse down when not in use, making them handy for storage or transportation.
Bathroom perching stool - perching stools are a class of seating all of their own and have extra properties to those above.
Typically, they are taller than regular shower seats and have a seat which slopes forwards.
The idea is for the user to ‘perch’ on the front edge of the seat, with their feet flat on the ground.
This allows them to maintain a ‘semi-sitting’ position, more supported than standing unaided, but not quite sitting down.
Those with certain illnesses, disabilities or other physical conditions which make it challenging to stand up for routine bathing or washing routines.
Bathroom seats for the elderly are key mobility aids for people in the UK.
It’s important to check the dimensions of your shower tray before choosing a shower chair.
It must be large enough and flat enough to fit the footprint dimensions of the chair.
Shower stools tend to have the smallest footprint of the free-standing bathroom seating options.
Wall-mounted shower seats and freestanding folding models do indeed fold up, reducing their amount of space required.
Apart from heavy duty models which are usually made of steel, most modern bathroom chairs are made of aluminium and plastic.
It has excellent non-corrosive properties, is light in weight and rigid.
Most of the four-legged smaller stools have a footprint of roughly 385mm x 385mm (15 x 15 inch).
This makes them small enough to fit in most standard shower cubicles.
Three-legged corner shower stools are available, making an ideal option if space is tight.
They have triangle shaped seats with drainage holes.
Yes, some models do indeed have this feature.
It allows the person to reach under their body in order to thoroughly wash themselves in intimate areas.