Disability aids for children suffering from a range of conditions. Included here are paediatric cutlery sets, specially designed plates and bowls, plus aids for child bathing and toileting. Sensory motor toys and moving
- This children aids section will direct you to a number of enuresis alarms and bed wetting alarm options in the UK. These devices alert the child and wake them if they wet the bed, allowing them to get up and change while also improving their toileting habits through body training. These bed alarm systems come in a range of different styles, sizes and with additional functions to appropriately suit each user individually. Many of these alarms can also be used for adults with developmental delays or severe incontinence to prevent them from sleeping in skin harming substances overnight.
- Here you will find a range of childrens crockery and childrens cutlery set options. These junior cutlery set options allow the child an element of independence by providing a safe eating alternative during mealtimes. These sets teach the child how to properly eat meals with cutlery in a safe and polite way. Available in a number of different styles, sizes and materials, this section is guaranteed to have a cutlery and crockery set to suit your individual or medical needs. Many of these sets feature cutlery with speciality grips or angles to combat tremor disorders and limited strength and dexterity. Checkout other children aids here.
- In this children aids department, you will be directed to a selection of handling belts, wedge support pillow aids and inflatable seat cushion options. These devices make transfers and seating more comfortable for the user. Ideal for people with poor mobility and those with disabilities, this section features a vast range of different shapes, sizes and colours to perfectly suit your individual medical and personal requirements. Suitable for use within the home or in a specialised care facility such as a care home or hospital, these devices are designed with comfort and security in mind.
- Welcome Mobility provides an extensive range of paediatric shower chair options as well as children's baths accessories such as a childs bath seat or thermometer. These children aids have been specially designed to create a more relaxing, stress-free bathing experience for both adults and children. Available in an array of different colours, shapes and designs, these aids make sure bath times stay calm and fun while promoting enhanced safety. Welcome Mobility provides a variety of aids to ensure there is something within this section to suit everyone's individual medical and personal needs.
- In this section is a large selection of childrens plates, mugs with big handles and straw holder devices. These children aids assist the child with eating and drinking despite specific disabilities. Promoting independent meals and enhanced confidence, these mealtime aids are a must-have to ensure an enjoyable and stress-free eating process. Available in an array of different designs, shapes, sizes and colours, this department is sure to have an aid that suits your personal and medical requirements. Ideal for use within the home, schools, hospitals or care homes, many of these devices are lightweight and compact for easy transport.
- Here you will be directed to a variety of different children’s walkers, childrens walking frame aids and upright mobility walker options. These aids help children to walk independently when limited mobility, strength or dexterity is an issue. Eliminating the use of a full-time wheelchair, these wheeled walkers help the child to walk with support while regaining and building strength in their leg muscles. Available in a range of different colours, sizes and designs, many of these walkers are height adjustable to fully customise their fit to the child. This children aids section is guaranteed to have a device that best adheres to your individual personal and medical needs.
- In this children aids department, you will find a range of childrens comfy chair options as well as a number of supportive armchair and special needs chair furniture. These chairs often come with special adaptations to ensure a comfortable and personalised fit for the child. Ensuring comfort and stability, these chairs provide additional posture support when sitting. This section also features a range of therapy stools for children too. Available in a variety of sizes, colours, designs and brands, such as the Breezi Chair, this selection is sure to have an item of furniture that best suits your personal and medical needs.
- Here you will find a selection of commodes for children and childs toilet seat options. Having an altered toilet seat for disabled child bathrooms allows for full accessibility. This section also provides a range of changing tables and splash guards. These aids make toileting more comfortable for the child and help to improve toileting habits. Available in a number of designs, shapes and materials, this section is sure to have the aid that best suits your individual medical and personal requirements. Many of these children aids are suitable for use both in the home and when travelling to ensure a comfortable toileting experience regardless of location.
- Welcome Mobility provides an extensive range of sensory equipment, sensory aid tools and motor sensory devices. These children aids help to improve a child's touch skills as well as their balance and hand-eye coordination. Many of these tools provide the child with entertainment and fun while simultaneously helping them learn core skills. Available in a selection of different materials, designs, shapes and sizes, this section is guaranteed to have something to suit your personal and medical preferences. Some of these tools are compact or easily transported for use on the go as well as within the home.
- In this section, you will be directed to a range of pen gripper and pencil gripper writing aid tools. These aids assist in holding pens, pencils and brushes comfortably and securely. Ideal for those with poor strength or dexterity, these devices allow the user to regain a firm hold on the item to prevent it from dropping and to promote correct positioning of the hand. Available in a range of colours, designs and sizes, these gripping aids are a must-have tool. Many of these children aids are compact and easy to carry therefore making them ideal for use both within the home and when travelling, at work, school and more.
Some children have reduced mobility in all or or part of their bodies.
This may lead to restrictions of movement and the inability to tackle some routine tasks unaided.
The broad term of paediatric disability aids covers a very wide catalogue of equipment, featuring thousands of products.
There is a broad range of equipment to help a child’s mobility and help them with their day-to-day lives.
Among them are aids they can use themselves, plus equipment which requires the help of others.
The equipment may be used temporarily as part of a rehab or learning programme, or as part of an ongoing care schedule.
Mobility aids for chilren - this category contains products assisting the child’s movement from A to B.
It includes items like special walking frames for children, crutches and a host of other equipment to help children develop their general mobility.
Paediatric feeding aids - meal times can be a challenge for many children with disability or chronic illness.
Special bowls, cups and cutlery are available which help the process.
The cutlery options include specially angled and shaped handles which are more easily held and controlled than standard cutlery.
There are also high-sided dishes which reduce spillages and may help a child scoop food more easily.
If mealtimes take longer than usual, there are bowls which are designed to keep food warm for sustained periods of time.
Paediatric drinking aids - drinking without major spillages can be a challenge for children living with certain conditions impacting their fine motor control, grip strength or coordination.
Welcome Mobility supplies numerous special drinking vessels made to either help the child control it, or reduce spillages.
Weighted cups or those with two handles make a big difference, as do spouted lids or certain specially designed straws.
Bathroom paediatric disability aids - bath lifts, bath seating aids for children and other equipment to help with day-to-day washing and hygiene.
Transfer aids for children - moving and handling equipment makes it easier to transfer a child across a bed or from a wheelchair into bed.
There are many products available which help with paediatric toileting.
These range from small toilet frames and commodes for children, through to incontinence underwear.
There are also changing tables of various sizes, some with hydraulic or electric lift mechanisms.
Reducer rings fit to existing toilets and have smaller apertures than standard.
There are also special splash guards designed to prevent liquid escape when the child is sitting on the toilet.
There are various packs and individual sensory motor aids which use play to help the development of motor skills and coordination.
Foam shapes both large and small are popular, along with rocker boards and sensory toys with a range of textures.