This department features items to improve comfort for the user. These include relief cushions, pillows and pads. Riser seats, leg and foot rests are also in this section, along with heat giving products like hot water bottles and wheat bags.
This department features items to improve comfort for the user. These include relief cushions, pillows and pads. Riser seats, leg and foot rests are also in this section, along with heat giving products
- Here you will find a variety of body pads, elbow protectors and back warmer devices. Available for knees, hips, ankles and many other parts of the body, these aids provide comfortable and secure protection against bruising. Many of the comfort aids in this department can also help in lessening the recovery time after an injury through heat therapy. Many of these aids are discreet and breathable, allowing them to be worn both while relaxing at home but also when on the go, at work or at school. Available in a range of colours, sizes and patterns, this section is sure to have an item that caters to your individual requirements.
- This department directs you to an extensive range of extra wide slippers for swollen feet and socks for elderly with swollen feet. These aids can help to relieve pressure and pain in the foot while also reducing swelling. Many of these devices also aid in lessening the healing time for a number of everyday conditions. This comfort aids section also provides products such as plantar cushions and gel toe pads. Available in a variety of designs, colours and sizes, this section is sure to have a product that caters to your specific needs.
- Welcome Mobility offers a selection of leg rest stool options such as an adjustable foot rest. Providing a leg rest for swollen legs allows the user to reduce swelling efficiently by allowing the blood to gravitate away from the affected area. These stools provide comfort and pressure relief for those with injuries or disabilities. Available in a number of styles and designs, many of these stools can be customised via the height-adjustable legs to perfectly suit the user. Suitable for use within a domestic home or within a care facility such as a hospital or care home. See other comfort aids here.
- This section will direct you to a number of pressure relieving mattress and comfort modular mattress options. These comfort mattress options provide the user optimum comfort and relaxation, especially while bed-bound. Offering a range of different materials such as fleece, gel and memory foam, you are sure to find a mattress that suits your personal needs. This comfort aids section also directs you to a selection of fleece or gel covers to provide enhanced comfort to a pre-existing mattress. These mattresses are available in a number of sizes to ensure that there is an option that caters to your requirement.
- Here you will find an extensive range of support pillows such as a posture pillow and a v shaped memory foam pillow. These pillow aids provide comfort and pressure relief to those who spend extended periods of time in bed such as people with mobility issues or who are bed-bound. Specially designed to provide support while sleeping, these contoured pillows are made from a variety of materials such as memory foam and gel to perfectly cater to your individual medical and personal preferences. Suitable for use in a domestic home setting or within a professional establishment, these pillows are a must-have comfort aid for an overall better sleeping experience.
- In this comfort aids department, you will find a range of donut cushion boots, pressure relief cushion aids and support cushions for elderly and disabled people. These pillows provide comfort and optimum support for those who spend extended periods sitting down or in bed. Available in a range of contoured materials such as memory foam or gel, this section is guaranteed to have a support aid that perfectly caters to your individual medical and personal preference. Suitable for use both within the home and in a professional care facility such as a hospital, hospice or care home.
- Welcome Mobility provides a vast range of chair risers, chair riser blocks and adjustable armchair options. These comfort aids are specially designed to help with sitting and standing for those who struggle with limited mobility or poor balance. These aids raise the height of the seat either mechanically or naturally with a raiser, to lessen the height in which a person has to move in order to raise or lower themselves from and to a chair. Available in a number of different sizes, heights and designs, these aids greatly reduce fall risk and provide a more comfortable and safe seating arrangement.
- This section directs you to a number of rising chairs, lifting cushion aids and a selection of seat riser cushion for elderly and disabled people. These comfort aids fit onto conventional chairs and turn them into specially adapted chairs for people who struggle to stand and lower themselves onto chairs. Available in both self-powered and electric versions, these aids reduce fall risk and aid those with poor mobility and balance by lifting the height of the chair to a comfortable distance for the user. Suitable for use within a domestic home or within a professional care environment such as a hospital or care home.
- Here you will find a range of ladies’ Velcro slippers and non slip slippers for the elderly in the UK. These slippers provide comfortable, pressure-relieving support for elderly people or those who may be suffering from swollen feet. Specially designed to allow for swelling, many of these slippers provide orthopaedic pain relief by properly supporting the foot and allowing it to rest in an anatomically correct position. Easy to put on and take off, these slippers are ideal for those with limited dexterity or strength in their hands. Available in a number of different designs, colours and sizes, this section is sure to have a slipper that caters to your preferences. You can find more comfort aids here.
- In this comfort aids department, you will be directed to a selection of heat pads for chairs and wheat heat pads. Providing a heated cushion for chair and wheelchairs allows the user to feel comfortable and warm wherever they may be. This section provides a number of wraps, cushions and warmers as well as hot water bottles and electric heating fleece pads. These items are ideal for those who experience harsh colds and have poor circulation by providing them with an external heat source. Available in a range of colours, sizes and designs, many of these warmers are compact and can be used both in the home and when travelling.
People with certain disabilities or chronic illness may benefit from using special equipment to improve their day-to-day comfort.
Some mobility aids may also make a big impact in this respect.
Pressure relieving cushions - if someone’s disability or chronic condition means they spend long periods in bed or sitting down, they may be at risk from pressure sores.
Cushions designed to alleviate this possibility come in many forms.
They range from foam based models with varying degrees of firmness, dependent on the user’s needs, to more expensive air and gel-based cushions.
Some foam pressure cushions have cut-out sections which reduce pressure completely from localised areas of the body.
This may include the bases of the spine, for example, which may become sensitive for people sitting for prolonged periods.
Other cushions have gel-filled sections, designed to spread pressure and maximise comfort.
Pressure relief pillows - offer comfort to the head and neck.
Memory foam pillows are popular options, reshaping to the user’s contours.
Also included here are V-shaped pillows to help support you while you’re in bed.
Others are designed to support the head when the user is in a sitting position.
Foot comfort - soft pads, warmers and slippers to make your feet as comfortable as possible.
Includes fleece padded ‘open’ slippers which deliver comfort and abundant ventilation.
Wide fitting slippers - for people with swollen feet, these aids to foot comfort may make a huge difference.
With wider than standard size and large apertures, these slippers are very easy to put on and take off.
Leg rests - these raise the feet off the ground, creating a posture of relaxation.
Riser chairs and riser cushions - rising seats have cushions which push the user upwards from a sitting position.
Getting from sitting down to standing up can be a challenge for many people with restricted mobility.
These cushions are sometimes built into the armchair, while others are available as separate, portable cushions.
Also included here are chair and bed raisers.
These extend the height of furniture legs, reducing the distance of travel the user needs to make from a standing position to a sitting one.
Heated cushions and wheat bags - some people find heated cushions of great comfort and sometimes of therapeutic effect.
Wheat bags are heated in microwave ovens and provide soothing warmth to localised areas of the body.
Mattress toppers provide an extra layer of padding between the bed-sheet and mattress.
Most are made from varying firmesses of foam, sometimes with a nodular or gridded pattern on the top surface.
This is meant to increase air flow and create additional support for the body.
For those bed bound for prolonged periods, fleece mattress toppers are also available, creating extra softness and warmth.
Memory foam mattress toppers reshape themselves to the contours of the user’s body, creating a feeling some people find extra supportive and comfortable.