Here you will find a variety of body pads, elbow protectors and back warmer devices. Available for knees, hips, ankles and many other parts of the body, these aids provide comfortable and secure
- A woolen fleece knee warmer that can be used to reduce pain and aches.
- A simple pair of elbow protectors that can be strapped in place to prevent damage and sores from developing.
- Vat ExemptA simple and discreet garment that can absorb the impacts of falls and protect the hip.
- Vat ExemptA discreet and comfortable hip protecting pad and pants, helping minimise the risk of falls or knocks in elderly or less mobile users.
- Vat ExemptA pair of gel-filled ankle and elbow protectors that can reduce pressure related injuries.
- A soft and luxurious fleece pad that can be put onto a seatbelt to stop in from digging into the shoulder.
- A woolen fleece that can be worn around the waist to reduce low back pain.
- These heel protectors offer warmth, comfort and protection to sore heels.
- Vat ExemptAllows knees to be aligned with your pelvis, when sleeping on your side.
- Vat ExemptA pair of soft and padded elbow protectors that can prevent injuries and sores.
- Vat ExemptA pair of soft and pressure relieving heel pads.
- Vat ExemptA soft and flexible hand wrap which protects the palm from fingernails if fists are clenched.
- Vat ExemptDesigned to protect the knees from pressure sores in the side lying position.
People with certain conditions may be vulnerable to damaging the boney, sensitive areas of the human body.
There are a range of pads designed to fit different parts of the body, protecting the user in the areas most at risk.
Some elderly people develop fragile skin which is easily broken after minor collisions with hard objects.
Other conditions may lead to the boney areas becoming sensitive to pressure.
The pads here are made for specific parts of the body.
If you want to guard against damage to the point of the elbow or the bony parts of the ankle, specific pads for that purpose are available.
They are also useful for reducing the risk of pressure sores for people spending prolonged periods in bed or in unmoved positions.
Most pads have foam interiors, providing padding properties and also being light in weight.
Other pads have gel-filled pockets, increasing the protection against any pressure build-up which might lead to the development of sores or skin lesions.
Both real wool and synthetic fleece materials are commonly used.
Again, these are light in weight and provide good protection against minor collisions which might otherwise break the skin.
Body pads are worn in a variety of ways.
Some styles, particularly the fleecy items, fix with loose fitting velcro straps. Many foot and heel protectors have this design.
This has the benefit of being universal in size. However, it is important to check their measurements to confirm they will fit.
Other body pads, like those with gel inserts, tend to be worn like sock-style knee supports.
They are made from elasticated materials which hug the area of the body tightly enough to stay in place.
Damage to the hips can be a serious problem for some people.
Pads designed specifically to protect the hip bones are built-in to side panels of special underwear.
They fit over the often-vulnerable parts of the hips known as the trochanteric areas.
There are specific fleece pads which fit to a car’s safety belt, softening the area which contacts the upper body.