This section contains household disability aids designed to help with various tasks around the home which might otherwise be impossible. Included here are reachers, other long handled tools, plus grab rails and clever items to assist with electrical plugs. Household disability aids are often important tools for those suffering with mobility difficulties and can be the key to retaining an independent lifestyle.
This section contains household disability aids designed to help with various tasks around the home which might otherwise be impossible. Included here are reachers, other long handled tools, plus grab rails and clever
- Here you will find an extensive range of magnifying sheet and floor standing magnifying lamp options. Ideal for the elderly or those with limited vision, these aids provide bright lighting with a magnifier to zoom in on text and small figures and provide clarity when needed. These handheld and fixable magnifiers are available within a variety of price brackets to ensure there is aid available for those who need it. Available in a number of sizes, designs and magnification specs, this section is guaranteed to have the household disability aid that best suits your medical and personal requirements.
- Welcome Mobility offers a selection of disabled handrails for outside steps and grab bars for elderly people. Providing a grab rail for stairs ensures optimum safety when moving up and down floors, reducing fall risk and promoting comfortable movement. The outdoor grab bars are ideal for steps outside of the home and comes in waterproof and corrosion-resistant materials. These household aids are essential for both domestic homes and care facilities such as hospitals, hospices or care homes. Available in a number of different sizes, designs and materials, this section is sure to have a rail that perfectly suits your individual personal and medical requirements.
- This household disability aids section offers a variety of tap turners, pencil with gripper devices and key turner aid options. Gripping devices, such as these, are ideal for the elderly or those with limited strength and dexterity in the hands, wrists and arms. These devices are perfect for a number of tasks and are fully versatile, such as turning on ovens and hobs as well as opening doors. Available in a range of different designs, sizes and styles, this selection of grippers is guaranteed to have a device to suit your personal and medical needs. Suitable for use within the home or within an establishment to provide optimum accessibility.
- This department features an extensive selection of big button phone and amplified telephone options. Ideal for the elderly or those with limited sight and hearing, these cordless phone with big button devices aid in communication despite disabilities. These phones are available with oversized buttons to combat the effects of shaking hands and tremor disorders. Many of these devices are also available with picture keys instead of numbers to aid those with memory disorders such as Dementia or Alzheimer’s. Available in a range of models, sizes and designs, this selection of phones is sure to have a device that suits your individual needs. See these other household aids.
- Here you will find a selection of extendable duster cloths, long handled dustpan and brush options and a window opener for disabled and elderly people range. These household aids assist those with limited mobility and disabilities to carry out standard tasks when they are unable to lift their arms or move far. These aids extend out and give the user more length when trying to reach for things. Available in a number of different lengths, designs and uses, there is guaranteed to be something in this range to suit your personal and medical preferences.
- Welcome Mobility offers an extensive range of non slip mats and anti slip pads. Providing a non slip rubber mat within the kitchen can greatly reduce spill risk and decreases the chance of being burnt. These mats stop crockery and pans from slipping or being knocked over due to tremor disorders such as Parkinson’s. Available for use in a number of sizes, shapes and colours, this selection of mats is sure to have a product that perfectly suits your personal preferences. These household aids can also be used around the home to stop other items from slipping or being knocked such as ornaments or food on the dining table.
- This section directs you to a large range of door and window alarms and panic alarms for the elderly. Many of these devices can be secured to wheelchairs, beds or chairs. Providing an alert system for elderly and disabled people can help to reduce fear and worry when living independently. This household disability aids section also provides a number of voice-activated alarms for those with limited mobility. Available in a selection of different functions, sizes and designs, this department is sure to have an aid that perfectly suits your individual needs. Suitable for use in a domestic home or care facility.
- Here you will find a range of reaching aids and grabbers for disabled and elderly people. These grab reacher devices aid those with limited mobility in picking up lightweight items that they otherwise wouldn’t have the strength or dexterity to get. These household aids can also be used to assist in getting dressed as well as a number of tasks around the home. Available in a variety of different lengths, designs and weights, this section is guaranteed to have a reaching aid that suits your personal and medical requirements. Suitable for use both in the home, outside and in special care facilities.
- This department provides a selection of cheap household items. These household products are made up of useful things to buy that make life easier in small ways around the home. Featuring a number of clever devices such as a toothpaste roller, easy-grip plugs, a pen to open medication packets and so much more, this section is sure to have a device to aid your home life. These devices are ideal for the elderly and those with disabilities to make small changes for improved accessibility and enhanced comfort. Many of these aids can be used within a home, care establishment or taken outside for use on the go.
- Welcome Mobility offers a range of easy grip scissors and safety scissors. Working to provide the highest quality, affordable products, Welcome Mobility offers some of the best nail scissors on the market. This variety of safety scissors are ideal for children, the elderly or those with disabilities to provide enhanced independence and confidence. Available in a selection of designs, functions and shapes, this household aids section is sure to have scissors that suit your personal and medical requirements. Many of these scissors have been designed with tremor disorders, such as Parkinson’s, in mind and so work to combat these symptoms.
Pieces of equipment which help with everyday tasks around the home.
A wide range of aids which help people with certain disabilities or conditions associated with later life.
Grab rails - support rails are valuable mobility aids anywhere they’re useful around the home.
They fix the walls in positions where they’re most needed, providing welcome points of support to people who might lose their balance.
Gripping aids - devices which help if you have a reduced power or co-ordination in your hands, forearms or wrists.
These include equipment to help pull out electrical plugs, along with devices to help turn door knobs or stiff taps.
Reaching aids - grabbers and reachers are among the most popular household mobility aids.
These typically have gripping jaws at one end and a handle with a trigger at the other.
This controls the jaws and allows the user to reach items which would otherwise be out of their grasp.
Reaching aids are especially useful for those who have difficulty bending down or stretching up to high shelves.
Non-slip products which prevent rugs or cushions moving out of position can be an important safety feature.
Rugs sliding underfoot can be dangerous, especially to the elderly who may already be prone to falls.
Yes, if you need help with your balance around the home, strategically fitted grab rails may make a significant difference.
Using grab rails around the home can improve the feeling of safety and help people stay in their homes without assistance, promoting independence.
They may be positioned next to the stairs, doorways or any other places where a bit of extra support might be handy.
Items like step-stools and half-steps are great for positioning near wardrobes or cupboards, helping you reach high shelves.
These day-to-day aids can help with your daily routine.